A lot of us Brits think travelling is just to Asia and Australia but really you can travel somewhere a lot closer to home, Europe. I know this because my manager laughed when I told him the reason I was resigning was to travel Europe. How wrong was he?
I always dreamed of travelling but money always seemed to hold me back that’s when Jack and I decided to Interrail. A lot of British people we’ve met on our travels only took 2 weeks to travel, they all said it wasn’t enough time and they wish they could see more. Travelling doesn’t need to cost an arm and a leg to do.
So here are a few reasons why I think you should consider travelling Europe:
- You don’t have to fork out for flights, they can be super cheap
- You can go for as long as you want as you don’t need a visa (yet)
- You can escape cold weather on a train journey (Italy/Spain/Portugal)
- Beach or city break? It’s all there
- You’ll meet people from all around the world
- Transport links are amazing you don’t need to fly to a new place
- There’s so many different cultures you could spend a few hours on a train and find yourself in a new country
- If you are under 25 you can get discounts on a lot of things including transport and museums just because you live in the EU
- You’ll discover places you’ve never even heard of before
- You’ll eat food that you didn’t know existed
- So many different languages and currency’s
- And if you run out of money you can fly home quickly and cheaply
I really isn’t hard to go travelling even if it’s just for 2 weeks. Do it & experience something new. Travelling Europe is super easy and can be affordable (if you budget) don’t miss the chance to travel whilst you’re young because you don’t think you can afford it.
Written on a ferry from Corfu to Athens X